What Is The PE And Sport Premium?
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school.
Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
Possible Uses For The Funding Include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
Click on the link below for more detailed information.Sports-Premium-2019-2020