At St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, we aim to ensure every child who is a registered pupil at our school is safe and protected from harm and we expect everyone who works or volunteers in our school to share this commitment. This means we will always work to take all welfare concerns seriously and always act in the best interests of the child to:
- Protect children and young people at our school from maltreatment;
- Prevent impairment of our children’s and young people’s health or development;
- Ensure that children and young people at our school grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- Undertake that role so as to enable children and young people at our school to have the best outcomes.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Miss L J Atkinson (Headteacher)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Miss M Jenkinson
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead- Mr C Shelton
- Designated teacher for Looked-After Children – Miss L Atkinson
- Designated Governor for Safeguarding – Mr M McDonagh
Rotherham Safeguarding Children’s Partnership
The Rotherham Safeguarding Children’s Partnership is a statutory body, established in accordance with the Children’s Act 2004 and Working Together to Safeguard Children guidance 2018. The following website provides important safeguarding information for the public, children, young people, parents, carers, school staff and other professionals.
Click here to visit the Rotherham Safeguarding Children’s Partnership Website.
The purpose of Operation Encompass is to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in or witness to a domestic abuse incident. Domestic abuse impacts on children a numbers of ways. Children are at increased risk of physical injury during an incident, either by accident or because they attempt to intervene. Even when not directly injured, children are greatly distressed by witnessing the physical and emotional suffering of a parent.
Operation Encompass has been created to address this situation. It is the implementation of key partnership working between the police and schools. The aim of sharing information with local schools is to allow ‘Key Adults’ the opportunity of engaging with the child and to provide access to support that allows them to remain in a safe but secure familiar environment.
Following the report of an incident of domestic abuse, by 9:00am on the next school day the school’s Key Adult will be informed that the child or young person has been involved in a domestic incident. This knowledge, given to schools through Operation Encompass, allows the provision of immediate early intervention through silent or overt support dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child.
At St Joseph’s RC Primary School our Key Adult is Miss Atkinson (Headteacher)
Operation Encompass website for more information
Other useful websites
ROTHERHAM RISE ( Domestic Abuse Advice & Support) https://rotherhamrise.org.uk/services/